We invite you to meet our highly trained weight loss surgeons because we believe the best results are achieved through thorough consultations and complete understanding of the treatment.
If you have questions, or simply would like to discuss your options. Please feel free to call us on +442070303455 or email your questions to email@example.com
Revision weight loss surgery, also known as revision bariatric surgery, is a surgical procedure that is performed on a patient who previously underwent a form of weight loss surgery. Revision weight loss surgery are generally performed laparoscopically, also known, as key hole surgery. In some cases, the revision weight loss surgery may need to be performed through open surgery if the patient has extensive scarring from the original weight loss procedure.
The main types of revision bariatric surgery:
- Conversion of a Gastric Band to a Gastric Bypass
- Addition of a Gastric Band to a Gastric Bypass
- Conversion of a Gastric Sleeve to a Gastric Bypass
- Removal of a Gastric Band
- Re-positioning of a Gastric Band
The main reasons to undergo revision bariatric surgery:
- Surgical Weight Loss Surgery Complications
- Insufficient Weight Loss Post Surgery
- Weight Regain after Successful Weight Loss
- Unsuccessful Resolution of Obesity Related Illnesses, including Type 2 Diabetes
Undergoing further weight loss surgery is a major decision which needs to be discussed with an experienced weight loss surgeon at a thorough consultation. At the time of the consultation, the weight loss surgeon will assess the patient’s current status and discuss the risks and benefits of the options available for revision weight loss surgery. When revision weight loss surgery is performed by an experienced weight loss surgeon, in well selected patients, the outcome are proven to be safe and effective.
Why choose Harley Street Bariatrics?
- We offer surgeon/consultant led care, meaning you have unlimited access to your surgeon either it be face to face, via email and/or mobile. Our caring weight loss surgeons aim to not only offer their expertise in surgery but also a supporting environment for each patients to reach their potential. They believe weight loss surgery is only a tool and that weight loss is a journey that requires constant support.
- We perform all of our weight loss treatments, both surgical and non surgical, in specialized private hospitals in London, UK. Meaning, the hospitals and staff are experienced in supporting our weight loss surgeons by offering local and easily accessible medical care.
- We have hand-picked experienced bariatric surgeons. Performing both NHS and private operations, our weight loss surgeons have extensive experience and expertise in performing all types of bariatric treatments, including the gastric bypass and the gastric sleeve weight loss surgeries. Their passion in bariatrics is demonstrated through their yearly research, development, peer reviewed publications and attendance of prestigious national and international conferences.
- We use the highest quality medical products, meaning all of our bariatric surgeons use Allergan®, the world’s leading supplier for the LAP-BAND® Adjustable Gastric Banding System and the BioEnterics® Intragastric Balloon also known as the BIB®.
- We use the latest models of the SPATZ adjustable gastric balloon, SPATZ 3®.
- We provide post-operative care for overseas patients who had surgery elsewhere either is be gastric band infills or a gastric balloon removal. Our experienced surgeon aim to care for all patients with the same level of care and support to reach their weight loss.